Monday, July 6, 2015

Our 4th of July

 photo 8384F285-93EA-42B0-9937-FA9DA9112785_zps5dsahhlz.jpg

4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, and if you've been reading for a few years, you already know this because I say it every single year. What's not to love about family, friends, BBQ, swimming, and fireworks? This year I was extra excited about it because Ellie is old enough to run amuck and enjoy it just as much as I do.

 photo 4C213A73-D1B7-4215-8686-498789B51D9F_zpsinllwpxc.jpg

We started the day off with some red toes and silver sparkle, I painted her fingers to match, but she would let me take a pic. It's the first time I've painted her nails, she's always on the run so I've waited to do it because I know she can't stand still long enough for them to dry. She was so excited about her nails and they were so extra cute on her little fingers. The first hand was awesome, but the second hand after I was done she made a fist and then thought she was hurt, red anything on her skin = blood to her eyes. It was pretty funny and I showed her she wasn't hurt and I could get it all off. She showed everyone at the party her nails and already asked me to paint them again for her. 

 photo B11E53D7-8404-4571-9F6C-47E048BBF2F4_zpsewm2cqq1.jpg

We headed to Matt's sister's for the day, she has a great house for entertaining and only lives 10 minutes away so it's awesome. The party started with water balloons for the kids that turned into a balloon fight between the adults, men vs women. I forget how much fun water balloons are, or what a pain they are to fill. Matt's sister was in charge of filling them and his mom and I tied them off. We couldn't keep up with the kids at all though! Those puppies went so fast!

 photo 801A2C48-CD9F-4340-A945-3F8380FE0DAF_zpsi50odvxu.jpg

We spent almost the entire day and into the night in the pool- swimming, chicken fights, floating, and relaxing. It was seriously the perfect day and everyone had such a great time! It was hot and the water was fantastic and we all got lots of color.The girls laid out on this raft for so long, it was the cutest thing ever! Ellie loved just laying there, she skipped her nap that day and was pretty tired, but held out strong without any fussing.


 photo CDF3998A-C103-4D07-B6F2-CDF284DF3312_zpsstcajvhm.jpg

Swimming while pregnant is the best, it's like you have no belly at all! It's great exercise too, although all I do is float around in a tube. My arms got some great color, but I have the worst tan lines on the back from having them on the tube all afternoon. LOL. I've also been making Starbuck's Passion Tea Lemonade at home and it's so refreshing. 

Happy 4th of July! I love our country and being an American, thank you to all our troops and their families for protecting and fighting for our freedom! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

3 comments :

Schnelle said...

What a fun 4th! I painted aubreys nails the same way this weekend! She never sits still these days but she will sit completely still she it comes to getting a mani and pedi from her momma. It is the best bonding time for us and she loves to show off her nails like Ellie too! The joys of having a daughter:)

Meg O. said...

Looks like y'all had a great weekend! Love Ellie's little toes! Kennedy is now obsessed with getting her nails painted. And you seriously are the cutest preggo!!

Kristin Thompson said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Ellie's tiny toes are too cute! My Mom & I were just talking about water balloons the other day & she was saying they were such a pain to fill!

xoxo
Kristin
The Blush Blonde