Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Product Review: Michael Kors Jet Set + What's in my bag


For the past few months, I've been wanting a good crossbody, but have hemmed and hawed over which one I wanted to get. I've gone back and forth about what shape I wanted and then what color- a fun bright color or a classic neutral? When I saw this bag online, I had to have it. I included it in my Lust List and used some reward points I earned from work to buy it.

I'm really happy with all of it, the size it perfect! It's just big enough to fit what you need, but still small and easy to wear. Inside, there's two smaller pockets and one large pocket that goes across the side. The peanut color is a fantastic neutral, it matches with everything and the gold details are gorgeous. I love the gold chain details on each side of the strap. If I had to come up with a drawback, I would say I wish the straps could turn a full circle, but I think that would only mess up the chain and that's why MK chose not to have that feature.
 
 photo b70c4629-426f-4198-abb4-72731c84ef1b_zpsl2cme8b0.jpg

One question I get a lot is how much can I keep in it/how much does it hold? So here is what i typically keep in it when I use it: a long wallet, glosses (MAC Creme Cup Lipstick and Underage Gloss, NYX Creme Brulee Gloss), and some candy. There's still some extra room available for my  phone, keys, and sunglasses (I don't keep them in there permanently, just when I don't want to wear them- I'm afraid of breaking them) without any problem.

I'm very pleased with my purchase and I'm happy that I didn't buy one of the other purses I was looking at.  One of them was the Kate Spade Cobble Hill Mini Carson, I still love that purse and my sister has it- it's a great shape. I just didn't care much for the neutral colors and love the soft pink one, but didn't think I'd get to use it as much. The other one I was contemplating was the Michael Kors Cindy Large Dome Crossbody, but decided to pass based on the shape. I thought I wouldn't get as much room with the dome shape as I would with the Jet Set rectangle. I also prefer the classic look and lines of the Jet Set crossbody. I think the Cindy Dome would be better larger as a handbag.

I would give this crossbody a 10 out of 10 and would definitely recommend it anyone who is looking for a decent sized, still small crossbody. It's well made, I don't think it will lose its shape, and it a great staple for any wardrobe. It's perfect for errands and weekend trips, fits the necessities and is easy to get in and out of.

5 comments :

Meg O. said...

Your lip products are basically identical to what I have in my purse! Also, I love how you have candy. #preggoproblems
LOVE that MK purse. I think it's perfect! I recently got the Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in that same peanut color and it's very similar. Perfect little crossbody!

Nikki said...

I LOVE all my MK bags! I have a crossbody from them as well!

Rachel Steck said...

Thanks for answering the questions I had! This is going on my list. I bought that wallet, same color, and I love it - thanks to you!
xoxo
Rachel

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

LOVE that bag! I've been on the hunt for a new cross body bag, and this one is perfect :)

Unknown said...

crossbody bags are my go-to for the spring/summer season. thanks for sharing! love the color.

-c.
The Block is Haute