Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Baby 2 Bumpdate: Week 28

 photo 41440601-36DC-4C5B-9B30-507D9AF2F23B_zpsdmfsway4.jpg
27 Weeks 4 Days

Hello third trimester! I can't believe it's already here, I feel like this pregnancy is just flying by. The other night before bed it dawned on me how soon our little girl will be here. I kept telling Matt (repeatedly) how we're going to have 2 girls in 2.5 months! Then I hurried and made a list of everything we still need to do to prepare the nursery- paint, curtains, and whatever else I find for decoration. 

I have a vague idea of what I want for our nursery and we've bought three things so far, but this weekend I finally found a great paint sample we're gonna test out and then paint the room if it works. I'm really excited about it and I'm crossing my fingers it looks just as good once it's on the walls. If it does, we'll probably paint our own bedroom the same color. This time around, I don't feel the same sense of urgency to decorate and finish the nursery as I did with Ellie, especially since I've realized how little you use the room the first few months.

 photo 1B806FC7-A58A-4E3D-BCAE-89C9EE9C2606_zpseyqmzvic.jpg
Top from Pink Cherry Trees (bought last year through Jane
Sandals (Old Navy years ago, similar)

- This week I've been craving watermelon like crazy. It's been on my mind the last week or two and I finally found a great one at Costco and I think I ate half of it while cutting it up. 

- In terms of my energy, I'm feeling really great, but have noticed that I can tire easily and need to sit and relax for a few minutes and then feel back to normal. I've been sleeping a lot better and I think that has been the biggest help to keep my energy going. 
- Our little girl has been moving and stretching so much, I was able to get a great video of her moving around. There have been some days where my stomach/skin actually feel sore from all of the stretching. I love feeling her move inside and wonder what moves she's making and if she's comfortable or what she's doing.

- I had my first dream about her, I dreamt that I had woken up in a home that's not our own and had been put to sleep for the delivery. She was so beautiful, she looked just like Eleanor, but had really dark hair and a ton of it! Ellie was born with just some fuzz, but this little one in my dreams had a full head of hair and it was long on top. For some reason, I've always felt that she would have dark hair, but we'll see soon enough!

- This past weekend, on top of getting a paint sample, I bought our going home outfit and matching blankets for her. I also ordered a stuffed lamb for her to have and for comparison in monthly pictures of her growth. I bought a bunny for Eleanor and went with a lamb for our little number two, I considered buying the same one for number two, but decided they should each have their own (also, if they turn out to look like twins it will be easier to know who is who when I'm old and senile).


Now vs with Ellie at 27 Weeks 2 Days

When I look back on pictures, I feel as though I still look mostly the same as being pregnant with Eleanor. Sometimes I think I have more belly than before, but not much different elsewhere. My sister said my face is slimmer than before so that's always a win! My chubby Anderson cheeks are always a giveaway of weight gain for me. 

Hope you're having a fantastic week, thank you for following along on my pregnancy journey! I love all of the comments and emails from everyone, it really means so much to have created a bond with other women.

2 comments :

Lorie said...

Pregnant Beautiful! You were gorgeous before but there is something about being pregnant that just makes it even more beautiful. I love seeing that smile on your face in these updates!

Meg O. said...

3rd trimester already?! I can't believe it! I've got a blonde beauty and a brown haired beauty with tons of hair! My guess is baby #2 is gonna be like Caroline :) lol