Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Spring Beauty Wishlist

With every season comes new things I want to try and buy, not just sandals (check out my picks here) and new summer dresses, but I always want all new fresh makeup. A different color on my cheek, a new shade for my lips, etc. Here are a few things I've been eyeing and hope to add to my never-ending, Mary Poppins carpet bag of a makeup bag.

 photo spring beauty wants Blend_zpsvz2tlk8y.jpg

MAC Dame Blush
I have MAC’s Pink Swoon, which I understand is pretty similar to Dame, but when I look at side-by-side swatches, Dame shows to be a bit warmer and with some shimmer. I’ve read all kinds of review comparing them, but haven’t found any to be really helpful. After all that research (by “research” I mean Pinterest/Google searches) I still want Dame in my beauty bag, especially since Pink Swoon has been discontinued. Do you have either blush? What’s your take?

NYX Terra Cotta
Do you guys follow Chrissy Teigen on Instagram? She’s one of my fave celebs to follow (ooh maybe that will be a future post?) and I absolutely loved her red carpet looks this season. There’s a few shots of her and Nikki Reed that they have very bronzey cheeks and I absolutely love the sun-kissed natural look they rocked. Terra Cotta is a gorgeous gold bronze color that I think will be beautiful over a tan in the summer. When doing some more “research” (see above), I found several sites saying that’s it’s a dupe for MAC’s Sunbasque- which I already own! I wore my Sunbasque and checked out the shade and then shopped the NYX blush on a Target run, but I really don’t think they’re that similar. I definitely will be picking this up for summer!

OPI You’re Such A Budapest
So this OPI collection is a few years old, but I saw it on Amber of Barefoot Blonde and I have to have it. I love the blue/lavender look of it and I think it will be a color I’ll be wearing all spring and summer.

Essie Blossom Dandy
Yes, I need another polish like a fish needs a bicycle, but this is such a pretty color. It’s the perfect shade for Easter- just the right mix of mint and blue and bolder than Mint Candy Apple. It’s from their new 2015 Spring Collection, I also love the nude shade Picked Perfect which is so spot on for spring trends. When I saw this color available on a Target trip, I threw it in my cart and Ellie immediately picked it up and started pointing to her toes, she’s also a fan of the color.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch
Now, this product isn’t new and it’s from their original line of Baby Lips. For spring, I really wanted a sheer pink. I have so many lipsticks and glosses, but I’ve recently been using a lot more chapstick and nothing else. I thought this bright color would be a great wash to add to my everyday look. I’m on the fence about the Baby Lips product overall, I have three other colors and have reviewed two of them here.

TRESemme Sea Salt Spray
Every summer, easy soft beach waves are always in style. I love a great undone, slept in curl look and I think a sea salt spray would be a great way to add some lightweight texture to my hair. I’ve talked to my stylist about Bumble & Bumble’s Surf Spray, but she thought it would be too heavy for my hair type. I’ve always been a fan of TRESemme products, they’re usually lightweight enough not to weigh my hair down or have a buildup of too much product. It’s a great price point too, so it doesn’t hurt to try it!

What are some of your spring beauty items you've had your eye on?

4 comments :

Rachel said...

OPI You’re Such A Budapest is my all-time favorite spring polish. You'll love it!

Kristen said...

Yay! Good to know!

Calamity Lace said...

Beautiful nail polish colors. I feel like this time of the year is the only time I can get away with pastels.

Schnelle said...

Pink swoon is going to be discontinued?! That's such a popular shade, can't believe it! I have an NYX blush and I really like it, it holds up well and has great color payoff. I think I'm adding Terra Cotta to my list now!