Monday, December 1, 2014

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

Our holiday weekend was so much fun and went by so quickly. On Wednesday, my sister and her fiancé came by for the night and we had a great time catching up, eating Chinese food, and talking about their wedding planning. On Thanksgiving, Matt, Ellie, and I woke up bright and early and started our holiday baking. We were in charge of bringing a dessert and two dishes of green bean casserole. It was nice to get them out of the way and enjoy the late morning relaxing and getting ready. We were able to have some hot chocolate and watch TV without having to rush out the door.
 photo 41787C07-DDFB-41B8-BBA9-0DFAD07E2352_zpswrzehzkg.jpg
Thanksgiving was so much fun and I loved seeing all of our family there together. The food was delicious and Ellie and I finally busted out our Mama + Me matching outfits. I just need to snag a fur vest now….

 photo 8C614950-8F64-4EA1-ACC8-D121C773BC57_zpso0gwlvl2.jpg
After we were stuffed to the max we headed to Matt’s parents house to put Ellie down and I went out with my girlfriend for some Black Friday shopping. This is our third year going again and it was another successful trip for the books! I’m really disappointed that so many stores were open so early (or even all day) on the Holiday. Part of the magic and fun of Black Friday is staying up late or waking up early to stand in line. We were always prepared for the line with chairs, blankets, hot drinks, snacks and games. It’s kind of like the drive to Vegas for us- fun filled with excitement! We waited until our usual time to go out (9pm) and we were able to still snag everything on our lists! We took it easy this year and just went to Kohls, Ulta, and Target. I had planned to head over to Old Navy and Toys R Us too, but I didn’t need to after the 3rd stop. What was so great at Target is that there wasn’t a single person in line to check out! Fantastic!

 photo 3657C626-8896-4EC1-BEEC-49215C4AEF06_zpsvxmrswbf.jpg
After coming home and sleeping a few hours, my family and I went out with my sister to try on some wedding dresses! We have some more appointments for her in the upcoming weeks, but it was exciting to be there to share in the special moment. She’s going to have such a hard time finding a dress because they all looked beautiful on her. She’s going to make such a gorgeous bride!

 photo 31537233-5BE5-45FE-ACE9-D366D623402F_zpsofy7tot3.jpg
This past weekend, my sister also asked me to be her Matron of Honor! We promised each other when we were children that we would be each other’s Maid/Matrons of Honor and it’s sweet that the promise is being kept. She gave each of us bridesmaids (she has 2 more to ask) a Christmas ornament as a keepsake of the special occasion. It’s been so fun to call/text each other with fun wedding ideas and add pins to her Pinterest board. I already have some ideas for her shower and bachelorette, as soon as the new year comes I’ll be on it!

 photo 3358E1F5-29D4-4FE7-80B6-CE710136A364_zpsv4scmmmy.jpg
Saturday I had to go in to work for a few hours and Matt and Ellie were supposed to meet up with his family for a short camping trip, but Ellie came down with the flu. It was the first time she’s ever thrown up and I felt so bad for her. All she did was want to cuddle all day and watch Frozen, so that’s exactly what we did! Thankfully she was over the bug by Sunday and was back to her usual silly self.

 photo 534056A6-A42A-4D84-B862-728A25AD2245_zpsf7v3rkwq.jpg 

Sunday, we were so productive! I love those days when you get up and start tackling your day. We cleaned out our garage, I donated 5 garbage bags of clothing (some new with tags even) and a box full of blankets and purses to Goodwill for a local high school fundraiser. I had thought about selling the items or taking them in for cash somewhere, but it wasn’t worth the work and I know that people in need could put it to better use. We also hung up some items on the walls, did our laundry, did some cleaning, and then relaxed the rest of the night. The day went at a great pace, I felt like we were done by so much before 11 so it was nice to spend some quality time with the family.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and holiday weekend! Happy December!

1 comment :

Rachel Steck said...

I love your mommy-and-me look - too cute. I'm glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving with your family. Looks like your Black Friday shopping was a success! What's in the Ulta bag?? Ha ha! {I love that place!}. Congrats to your sister!
xoxo
Rachel